Steven undertook his accounting apprenticeship with a medium sized chartered accountancy firm, Thomas Davies & Co, until he qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1983.
In 1985, he worked as the head accountant with a large manufacturing and wholesale company before founding Steven J Miller & Co on 1 June 1987.
He has a keen interest in the Arts (just look at the walls) and has supported the Arts both commercially and on a pro bono basis for many years.
His other main interest is working with companies at an operational level to grow and secure their business for the future.
All services provided by the practice including:
- Audit services to associations, large proprietary companies, superannuation funds, companies limited by guarantee and government assistance grants;
- Financial accounting consultancies including preparation of management reports, trading budgets and cash flow forecasts for corporate boards;
- Attendance at company board meetings, Arts accounting and taxation seminar presentations;
- All compliance work associated with taxation, GST and corporate reporting;
- General business advice.
- Director of Creating Australia from September 2013;
- Director of the Blake Society Ltd from November 2009;
- Director of Rhodanthe Lipsett Indigenous Midwifery Trustee Ltd since July 2012;
- Treasurer and founding Committee Member of the Sydney Arts Management Advisory Group Incorporated (SAMAG);
- Director of Standard Communications Pty Ltd since July 2011;
- Company Secretary of the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse Pty Ltd since 2001;
- Former Director and founder of Keeping Company Pty Ltd from October 2011 to June 2015;
- Former Director of the Arts Law Centre of Australia from 2005 to 2014;
- Former Director of Sydney Film Festival Limited from 1994 to 2000;
- Former Director of Railway Street Theatre Limited (formerly the Q Theatre Limited);
- Former Director of the Australian Screen Directors Authorship Collection Society Ltd from 2004 to 2008.
Steven is also a director of a number of other private companies.